Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I survived...

...Winter Break AND my baby's first day.  Is there a T-shirt that comes with that? ;)
I woke up this morning (after a coffee IV) with a feeling of accomplishment.  Breaks from school, or any routine activity, are always a bit of a challenge for Ashton.  He thrives on routine and when that gets disrupted there is fun for all...and by fun I mean like the joy of sticking a hot poker in my eye, ok maybe not THAT bad.  However, after grabbing my morning cup of coffee and waking up by reading status updates on Facebook (my daily "feeling" of connecting with the adult world)...I see many mothers posting about how much they are going to miss their kids after winter break.  REALLY?  Deep down there has to be some sort of rejoicing, right?  Maybe I am just a bad person but I was happy that my little buddy was going back to school.  While he was eating breakfast all messy haired and groggy eyed, I caught a little smirk on his adorable face.  He was nothing but cooperative this morning and got so excited when it was time to get dressed.  It turns out we were both happy winter break was finally over.
Kayleigh on the other hand was rather ticked off when her beauty sleep got interrupted at 7:15am this morning.  My little princess is used to waking up on her own terms.  She was crabby and didn't want to eat, didn't want to dress...didn't want to do anything!!  However, by the time we had pulled up to the school, she had had time to wake up.  She was all bright eyed, bushy tailed (never really got that analogy..but anyway) and ready for her day when we got out of the car.  I was so proud of my little girl as she took the teacher's hand and walked with her down that long hallway, not even taking a second glance back at me.  I felt the tears building as I rushed out of the school hoping to at least make it to my car before I fell to pieces.  I did thankfully, but lost it at that point.  All the worries rushed to mind as I drove away from the school parking lot.  A special heartfelt "thank you" to the special people who were there for me today.  It really meant a lot.
The couple hours seemed to fly by and before I knew it I was back at the school picking up my little munchkin.  That little punkface walked right past me when I went to hug her as the teacher brought her out of the building.  She had a really good day according to her teacher and for that I am thankful.  So guys, I did it.  I made it through today with only a little self-pity and crying.  HA! 
***Side note..yes its 3am.  I awoke to some heavy snoring and couldn’t for the life of me, fall back asleep (I seriously think I may have some sleeping issues lol).   Off to try and sleep for the last couple possible hours.  Wish me luck!***

No comments:

Post a Comment