Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Silent Prayers

Startled by a sound I assumed was coming from Ashton’s bedroom, I opened his door tonight expecting to see him still awake jumping on his bed or kicking the wall (which is not uncommon).  However, what I found was a sleeping angel.    His breathing was rhythmic and deep, his still body relaxed and calm.  After quite some time had passed, I realized I was just standing there watching my perfect little boy sleep.  I remained there for quite a while, just watching, observing, and enjoying the peace and stillness.  Silent prayers of praise, thanksgiving and hopefulness soon began rising from that tranquil room. 
 
There is something so touching about watching children sleep.  Since the day I brought mine home, I have always found joy in the simplicity of watching them peacefully sleep. 

Too often I find myself caught up in the routine of life, the stresses of the day to day and after a Monday that felt like nothing could go right, my day ends reflecting on the gifts that God has given me.  These moments may not come as often as they should and sometimes I wonder if I was the right choice but I am truly grateful beyond words that God hand-picked me to be Ashton’s (and Kayleigh's) mommy.

Baby Ashton

No comments:

Post a Comment