Thursday, January 6, 2011

I totally should have played the lotto!!

Kayleigh’s latest “thing” is counting…well numbers in general.  I find myself feeling like an extra on the set of Sesame Street at times.  I gave birth to Count Von Count ,“One little bat..ah ah ah”.  My mom calls her the “counting queen”.  She is obsessed and I mean OBSESSED with it..Not only rote counting but just spouting random numbers all day long. 
A couple days ago Kayleigh starts muttering numbers (which has been very typical lately) “one…toooo…fwee…twenyfowe…tirtyseeiix…ninynyeeee“ WHAT?   99…really?  I need to start writing these down, she might be on to something here.  Mega Millions here I come!!
On a more serious note, yesterday morning my baby girl did something I had never seen her do.  She was flipping through one of my magazines on the couch beside me and turned to a page with an advertisement on it.  The price of the item was $24.99 in somewhat large print.  She pointed to the 2 and said…”twooooo” (awe cute, what a cute coincidence) then pointed to the 4…”fowwee” (Is it possible? No way…crazy coincidence) then was the “Nyeeee”.  Ok, this girl might really know her numbers.  I didn’t have the time to really test that, as I had to get her to school.  However, as soon as she woke up from her afternoon nap, I broke out the flash cards.  I will note that these are the same exact flash cards that I use with Ashton, the same cards that she has cried and screamed about every single time I try and use them with her.  This time she not only enjoyed our flash card session, but correctly identified every single number 1-10 in sequence first then out of sequence.  It was not a fluke; she can not only count but can correctly identify numbers 1-10.  I am so proud of my counting queen, Kayleigh Von Count.  =)


2 comments:

  1. I hope for your sake that she's channeling winning Lotto numbers...how awesome would that be?

    ReplyDelete