Thursday, January 20, 2011

Oh The Joys

What do cows, baby birds and flies have in common?  Vomit…I don’t do vomit, plain and simple.  I hate it, despise it…I will do anything in my power not to myself, no matter how sick I feel.  The whole “puke, you will feel better” uhhh, NO … Alka-Seltzer, please?  What’s worse than your own?  Cleaning someone else’s, yes that includes my flesh and blood.  It may sound strange, but I would much rather clean up anything else the kids can possibly come up with.  I do realize that this aversion may stem from the childhood trauma of having to clean up my own puke when I was sick.  My mom couldn’t handle cleaning it but I don’t blame her one bit….now.  Although, it seems as though she can clean the grandkids puke all day long…how fair is that?
Anyway, there are obviously times where I have to put on my “big girl panties” and deal.  Last night was one of those times.  Who doesn’t love 2am puke clean up?  You see, Ashton has a very VERY sensitive gag reflex.   Even the slightest runny nose causes him to have coughing fits which usually result in gagging and vomiting.   FUN STUFF let me tell you.  So, I enter his room at about 2am to find a half asleep little boy practically laying in the results of his latest coughing fit.  He takes me coming into his room as a cue that it’s time to get ready for school.  He groggily exits his room and goes to sit in his chair in the kitchen, patiently waiting for his breakfast.  That at least gave me time to strip his bed and replace his sheets and blankets; then came the sponge bath, clean diaper and clean Pj’s.  On a positive note, I am so glad he was able to fall back asleep fairly quickly once he realized it wasn’t time for school yet.
Dear Vomit,
Good Riddance!  I hope I don’t hear from you again for a very long time.
Up Yours,
Brandi

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! I absolutely abhor puking!!!!! I can take just about anything but that! I sure hope the puking has stopped for you guys!

    ReplyDelete