Monday, January 17, 2011

Me Time!


After a week of non-snowy snow days, broken routines, grumpy children, a traffic ticket and stress all around; I am ready to start my week fresh.  However, I would like to petition that winter be over this year.  Who would I take that up with?  I am done with ice, snow and cancelled school.  Last week made me realize a huge change that I need in my life, STAT! 

Every parent knows how hard it is to get that coveted “time”, when you have kids constantly demanding every last ounce of your time and undivided attention.  By time . . . I’m talking about rejuvenation time, quiet time, alone time, personal time, self-care time . . . “ME-TIME”!  I have recently decided that I need to start having “me-time”.  God, that sounds so selfish.   I hate to admit it, but there are days I don’t even get a freaking shower.  Everyone needs “me-time”, I am not going to mope and get all emotional or feel guilty for not spending every last second with my children.  I am going to accept any offers to watch the children from their father or any other competent caring creature.  Even if I am just sitting alone in my bathtub soaking in the warm bubbly water with a good book, by God I am getting some “me-time”.    

4 comments:

  1. I know how you feel....i rarely get it either.....enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK Sheri, you have to hold me to this. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you take a shower today? ;-p I did..but only just now after all the kids are asleep! HA

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! I did, about an hour ago. ;) Although, I felt horrible when I got out and Kayleigh was screaming her head off. Can't they just sleep? haha

    ReplyDelete